Who to contact if you are homeless
If you are homeless or about to become homeless you can contact one of the local agencies for advice and information:
- City of Edinburgh Council - Housing Options Team
- The Access Point
- Shelter - Edinburgh Housing Aid Centre
You can also use Search all services to look for other housing advice centres or day centres where you may be able to get advice and help. Alternatively you can ring Shelter's Free Housing Advice Helpline which is a national service for anyone who is homeless or has housing problems.
Further information and advice about homelessness and housing are also given in the City of Edinburgh Council's Housing Options Guide.
Helplines for other issues
- Childline - Helpline for children and young people in danger or distress.
- Drinkline - Advice and information for people with alcohol problems.
- FRANK - Helpline for anyone concerned about drug or solvent problems.
- Scottish Domestic Abuse Helpline - Helpline for women experiencing physical, emotional or sexual violence in the home.
- Runaway Helpline - Helpline for children and young people who have run away or been forced to leave home.
- Samaritans - Emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair.
- SANELINE - Helpline providing support on mental health issues.
- Sexual Health Line - Information and advice on sexually transmitted infections and HIV prevention.